In 2017, FISIPOL UGM provided Research Grants and Community Service to 66 selected researches. The 66 selected researches come from the category of collaborative grants, competitive grants, community service, grants of undergraduate students, grants of graduate students, and grants of S3 students. The UGM Department of Politics and Government (DPP) managed to get the 12 research grants from the categories of collaborative grants, community service, grants of undergraduate students, grants for undergraduate students, and grants of S3 students.
On Monday (24/7) the grant recipients made a presentation of their research progress report. Presentations are held in different rooms, according to the grant categories. Collaborative research was conducted in the dean’s office, community service research was held in the IUP BA 211 room, and student grants were held in BA 402.
Here is the list of 12 researches of students, lecturers, and researchers of DPP UGM selected in Research Grant and Community Service 2017:
- Dr. Nanang Indra Kurniawan, S.IP., M.P.A. (Chair): Adaptive Resource Conflict Management Strategies in Decentred and Multi-Level Governance Context.
- Dr. Amalinda Savirani, S.IP., MA. (Chairman): “Vertical Politics”: socio-economic, and political impacts of vertical housing (“Rusunawa”) in Jakarta and Yogyakarta.
- Dr. Cornelis Lay, M.A. (Chairman): Geo-literacy: North Sulawesi as Maritime Frontier.
Community Service Grants
- Dra. Ratnawati, S.U. (Chairman): Internalization of Multi Cultural Values through the Method of InterCommunities Engagement Building (ICEB) to Achieve Awareness among the Local Student Community / Organization in Yogyakarta.
- Ashari Cahyo Edi, S.IP, MPA. (Chairperson): Assistance of Formulation of Village Authority (Program of Preparation of Academic Manuscript of Village Regulation on the Authority of Origin and Local Authority of Village Scale, Desa Tirtosari, Kecamatan Kretek.
- Wegik Prasetyo: Beyond Protest Voting: Reading the Hidden Message Behind the Voice Mail.
- Wulan Hardiyati Pangestika: Democracy In The Digital Space: Case Study Qlue As Part Of Jakarta Smartcity Program.
- Faiz Kasyfilham: Scrambling Land (Study of Debottlenecking Process in Development Process in Sleman Regency that Implicated on Land Function in Sleman District).
- Irwan Harjanto: Imaging Welfare Project Industrialization Political Economy Industry Studies Krakatau Steel in Building Industrial Society in Cilegon City, Banten.
Graduate Student Grant
- Zulfa Harirah MS: Advocacy Coalition Framework in Winongo River Settlement Settlement Policy in Yogyakarta City. Yuseptia Angretnowati: The Discourse of “Moderation” PP Muhammadiyah (Study of the Role of Civil Society Organizations in Anti-Terrorism Policy in Indonesia).
- Fikri Disyacitta: Urban Farming As A Secondary Social Movement: A Case Study in Surabaya.
Grant Student S3
- Amin Tohari: Pem (b) erdayaan; Study of Hegemony Empowerment Project Contestation in Indonesia.
- Willy Purna Samadhi: The Stammering Democrat: Reflection on the Agenda and Strategy of the Production Movement in Indonesia 2003-2013.
Grantee presentations from DPP were attended by a team of reviewers from FISIPOL lecturers and PolGov researchers themselves. This event helps the research grantees to perfect their research, as the research is still ongoing. This research not only helps lecturers to enrich their studies, but also develops the capacity of DPP students in conducting research. It is expected that the research of this grant will be appropriate and enrich the scientific framework of DPP UGM.