The results of the collaboration between DPP FISIPOL UGM and NTNU:
Citizen Engagement and Natural Resource Governance Education (CitRes-Edu)
Citizen Engagement and Natural Resource Governance Education (CitRes-Edu) is a research-based collaborative education project between three institutions: Department of Geography, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU); Department of Politics and Government, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM); and the Faculty of Geography, UGM. The main objective of this project is to develop and strengthen research-based educational partnerships that have relevance for post-campus working life between NTNU and UGM.
The specific topic the project focuses on is the dynamics between transnational natural resource governance and local community engagement. To achieve this goal, the project has four sub-goals, as follows:
- Implement and institutionalize the concentration of Natural Resources Politics in the Masters Program in Politics and Governance UGM;
- Encouraging internationalization within the UGM Department of Politics and Government, with an emphasis on the concentration of Natural Resources Politics in the master’s program and in the doctoral program in Politics and Government;
- Strengthening the internationalization of the existing master’s program at the Department of Geography, NTNU; and
- Develop inclusive education that is open to all.
This project lasts for four (4) years since 2019. The main activity of this project is the exchange of master’s students between three parties, with the following specifications:
- 20 UGM master students went to NTNU for one semester to take coursework in the Master of Globalization and Sustainable Development program, NTNU;
- 18 NTNU master students go to UGM for one semester to do internships, field work, or coursework in the Masters in Politics and Government program;
- 3 UGM doctoral students or researchers go to NTNU for one semester to undertake a PhD mobility program; and
- 1 NTNU doctoral student goes to UGM for one semester to undertake a PhD mobility program.
Registration Procedure and Terms
Information regarding registration procedures and requirements can be downloaded by click button below.